Whenever you want to connect your HP printer on windows 10, it will ask you to enter “WPS pin on your HP Printer”. This WPS Pin would help your hp printer to connect to a wireless network. HP printer uses WPS Technology to connect with wireless devices. WPS is safe, faster, and secure than a USB connection.
For establishing a connection with any other device, you will need to find WPS Pin on HP Printer. This technology of the HP printer can be used by just connecting the wireless printer with the help of a WPS PIN Code to the personal device either through a wired network or through your wireless router and print documents easily.
What is WPS Pin?
WPS Pin stands for the “Wi-Fi Protected Setup”, it is an 8 digit number that is generated by an HP printer for wireless connection with routers. In technical language, it is basically a network security standard that is wireless. And, it helps to make connections between wireless devices and a router faster and easier. WPS can work for wireless networks only that use a password and the password is encrypted with the WPA2 Personal or WPA Personal security protocols. The WPS button simplifies the connection process.
How & Where To Find WPS Pin on HP Printer
Now the question is “How and where to find WPS pin on HP printer”? In most HP printer models, WPS Pin is located on the printer screen. Examples of such printers are HP envy 4520, HP Officejet 4650. If you look at the screen you will see the WPS pin is written. However, there are few HP models like the HP Deskjet printer series which don’t have a screen. To solve this Let’s check the different connection type for screen and nonscreen printers.
Types of WPS Connections for HP Printer
On all the HP Printer you will find either of the below WPS options to connect the printer wirelessly.
WPS Push Button (For non-screen Printers)
WPS Pin ( For Screen enabled Printers)
Connect HP printer using WPS Push Button
- Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after this after pressing the Wireless or Settings Button, you will observe a Blue Light starts blinking.
- Go to the option of “WiFi Protected Setup” and then follow the instructions which appear on the printer screen.
- After this, you will have to select the option “WPS Button”. When you do so, the printer will tell you to press the WPS button the wireless router.
- After pressing the WPS button on the router, move to the printer and for a wireless connection, hit continue.
- Now Connection will be established and the printer is ready to use.
If you are using an HP printer with a screen and you have a WPS Push button then follow the below steps.
- Make sure printer is ON before moving to the next step.
- Go to the HP printer control panel or screen and Press the Wireless Button.
- Now the Wireless BLUE light will start blinking.
- On the printer screen, you will find the option “WiFi Protected Setup“.
- Go to “WiFi Protected Setup” and select “Push Button”.
- Go to your wireless Router.
- At the backside of your router, you will find a WPS Button.
- Press and Hold that WPS button for 3-4 sec.
- WPS light will start blinking on the router itself.
- Wait for 2-3 mins Both the lights on printer and Router stop blinking.
- Take a look at the printer screen “Connection Established“.
- Now Printer is connected with the wireless network with WPS Button
Connect HP Printer Using WPS Pin
- Go to the control panel of your HP Printer and then after pressing the Wireless button, go to the Settings.
- After touching on the WiFi Protected Setup, you should follow the prompts appearing on the screen.
- Now you will be prompted to PIN, tap on this PIN. When you do so, WPS PIN will be displayed on the screen.
- Next step is to access the configuration utility or the software for the wireless access point or wireless router. After this, you will have to enter WPS PIN.
- After the completion of setup, in All Programs, open the HP Folder of Printer. Then, go to the Printer Setup and Software. Then, choose the option of “Connect a New Printer”. This way, you can easily install the Network Printer Driver.
- Congratulation WPS Pin has been generated and your HP Printer is connected wirelessly with you windows 10 computer.
WPS PIN Frequently Asked Question
To Find WPS Pin On HP Printer Go To.
- Turn on the HP Printer
- Navigate to the control panel of your HP printer.
- Head off to the ‘Settings’ option by pressing the Wireless button.
- Tap on the Wi-Fi Protected Setup.
- Follow the prompts appearing on the screen carefully.
- Tap on the ‘PIN’ option once a PIN appears on the screen.
- Once you tap on it, you will come across a WPS PIN.
So, you can see the WPS Pin on your HP printer and make use of it for establishing the connection.
The WPS PIN code is also known as the personal identification number that is used to developed by the wifi alliance. By entering the Pin created by the enrollee to the device that manages the wireless LAN, you can easily set up the wireless network along with security settings. By finding this you can access the WPS PIN code.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a feature supplied with many routers. It is designed to make the process of connecting to a secure wireless network from a computer or other device easier. NOTE: Some manufactures may use the following terms instead of WPS (Push Button) to describe this function.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup allows the owner of Wi-Fi privileges to block other users from using their household Wi-Fi. The owner can also allow people to use Wi-Fi. This can be changed by pressing the WPS button on the home router.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a feature supplied with many routers.
- It is designed to make the process of connecting to a secure wireless network from a computer or other device easier.