You have made an excellent choice if you are using or have recently bought the hp DeskJet 2600. It is an all-in-one printer that allows one to perform multiple functions at the same time like printing, scanning, copying, etc. It also offers wireless printing. It is an efficient printer and very easy to use. The most common question which is asked is about the hp DeskJet 2600 setup.
In this blog, we will provide you with a complete guide for Hp DeskJet 2600 setup. These are some easy steps which are told by the professionals to have a smooth process using the hp DeskJet 2600 printer. We being your best virtual technical guides, bring out the most convenient information for you.
NOTE- this setup guide is common for the whole Hp DeskJet 2600 series which includes 2620,2621,2622,2623,2624,2630,2632,2633,2634,2635,2636,2640,2652,2655,2680 as well as for hp DeskJet ink advantage 2675,2676,2677,2678, and 2679.
If you have newly bought the printer, then remove all the packaging material and take out the power cords. Install the cartridge in the printer. Connect the power cords and load the paper into the printer.
Step-1 Remove the Packaging From the Box
Take out the printer safely from the box. Remove all the packaging boxes, Papers, and tapes from the printer.
- Take out the printer from the box.
- Remove the packaging sheets and tapes.
- Open the output tray. Inside the printer, hold the cartridge and lower the ink cartridge door to open it.
- Remove the packaging materials from inside of the printer too.
- Remove all the given hardware from the packaging box before throwing away the box and packaging.
Step-2 Make the Connection
Connect the printer to the power socket and switch it ON. Remember not to connect USB wire. This process will be done during the software installation.
- Connect the printer to the power socket, which is nearest to the printer, and plug the power cord in a power socket.
- Press the power button and switch ON the printer. The carriage will move to the center, wait until the printer is fully silent before moving with further steps.
Step-3 Install the Ink Cartridge
The hp ink cartridge is present in the box with your printer.
- Remove the packaging of the cartridge. Only hold the cartridge with the black plastic, handle it carefully.
- Remove the tapes and packaging.
Remove not to touch the ink nozzles and don’t remove the tape which covers the ink nozzles. Mishandling these can lead to problems like ink failure.
- Pick the cartridge by the sides, towards the printer, insert the cartridge in the given area and gently push it down until it falls in place.
- Repeat the same steps for installing the other cartridge.
- Close the access door and the output tray.
Step-4 Put the sheets in Input tray
Place plane A4 sheets in the input tray after installing the cartridge.
- Open the input tray.
- Slide the paper width in the input tray.
- Load plain white paper in the input tray.
Step-five Install the Printer Software
The external setup of the hp printer is now done. Now you have to install the printing software. Download the latest version of the hp printing software from the official website of hp.